Tuesday, February 7, 2012

2012 First Finish

 My first finish for 2012.  This quilt is a BOM  from Stitch 'N Quilt a local shop that has been closed for several years.
The blocks were made in 2005 and forgotten about, but since joining Sew It's Finished I have been going through my UFO's to see what I have and I discovered this one.  It was called Sunday Sampler because you picked up your block on Sunday afternoon.  The first block was $5 but if you brought your block in completed the next month your block was free.
Last week I added the corners to the blocks, the black sashing, borders and quilted it.
One UFO down and lot's more to go.  Click here for more pictures and information about this quilt.
Nancy R



13 comments:

Karen said...

Great first finish. Love the colours.

Susan said...

I love the colours as well - how many blocks did you have to pay for I wonder??

RandR Serenity said...

Well done Nancy, That quilt looks amazing! You go girl
Hugs

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous mix of colours and blocks. Like how the corners are pieced.

corina said...

Beautiful! We've had similar programs in the past in Winnipeg, but the fabrics have been awful. I know I would have faithfully picked up my blocks if the fabrics had been that gorgeous!

Maria said...

Great finish. All your blocks are beautiful.

The Nifty Stitcher said...

It's gorgeous Nancy !! Great finish - you must be so pleased:)

Fiona said...

Wonderful finish... it is so bright and happy....
Hugz

miss~nance said...

What a gorgeous quilt. just love how bright it is.

Blessings

Gail

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful quilt, love the bright colors! I'm finishing up a quilt like that and just started another one in January.... $5 .... The hard part is in the finishing. Congratulations on you finish!

Nancy said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments about my quilt.
There were twelve blocks one for each month. I can't believe how long I let this one hide in my closet.
Nancy R

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

This is a very nice quilt....congrats on your finish

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Beautiful! Love the colors.