Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hello from quilted hugs- first 3 finishes for 2012.

Hi everyone, I am pleased to be the 100th member to join up - whew just made it in the nick of time.
My new years resolution was to finish three UFO's before starting any new projects so January was a busy UFO month for me.

I have only been a quilter for about 5 years now, so my UFO pile doesn't date back too far.  Here is my first UFO for 2012. 

Little red work village. 

I finished the stitchery and piecing but never got around to putting it all together, so that was my mission. My recollection is that I started this some time late in 2009. The recipient of this quilt was my niece Kai as it went perfectly in her bedroom.
My second finish was Oodles of poodles, I started this one in 2011 so it did not sit in the UFO pile for too long, but the layer cake that I used to make this quilt had been in my stash since about 2009.

My third finish is just a little pin cushion.  I did the stitchery and cut it out quite some time ago, and never got around to putting it together.  So in my mission to have 3 finishes before I started anything new, this counted as finish #3. 



7 comments:

miss~nance said...

Beautiful finishes. Well done.

Blessings

Gail

Maria said...

Well done Sue to have three lovely finishes.

Susan said...

Way to go!! All look lovely.

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

Beautiful finishes,
specially the Poodlequilt, never seen somthing like that before *smile*

Chris H said...

What gorgeous finishes.. and welcome to the group!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful Finishes! I love your your Redwork Village quilt.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Great job on the finishes! You deserve to start something new now.