Saturday, April 28, 2012

Leo's BIG boy bed quilt

My darling grand son Leo turns 2 on May 6th, and he gets to go into a BIG boy bed.  So Nana Sue had to make him a new quilt for that.  Of course I made it to fit nicely on a single bed.

Its a simple square in a square pattern with the block centres being animals from a panel that I had in my stash for many years.  The bulk of the quilt is made using 10 little things range, perfect for little boys.

I quilted it in the ditch around each block and stipple on the borders.  The background is a soft blue with all over stars.

7 comments:

carol fun said...

What a perfect quilt for a big boy bed! He'll be sleeping under a blanket of love.

Susan said...

Great idea - Im sure he will love it to death.

Fiona said...

A great quilt to welcome a 2 year old into his very own big bed...
Hugz

Nancy said...

Very cute quilt.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Looks like a very snuggly little quilt for a big boy.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Cute quilt, I'm sure your granson will LOVE it! Great finish.

Chris H said...

I am sure he will love it. Well done on your finish.