Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My first 2012 finish

Hi all
I started this quilt for my 13 year old nephew when he was 12.  It is for a campervan so I have mainly done straightline industrial stitching - nothing fancy.  My machine has been at the repair workshop for a month, but I got it back on Friday and finished this.  It did also start as a much larger quilt but I downsized from a queen to a single as it was so big and heavy.    Thats why its a bit of an odd pattern and shape.  I used IKEA fleece blankets on the back.  Not perfect but perfect for a teenage boy!
Lavinia


The pattern is a Cozy Quilt Design -Stars Aligned designed by Georgette Dell'Orco.  Although this is only half so the full pattern is much better.

4 comments:

Indigo Blue said...

Lovely colours, blue is my favourite!

Fiona said...

lovely finish....
Hugz

Browndirtcottage said...

YIPPEE...a finish!!! clapping!! Oh yes, I am allll about those....just seems I can't get one completely finished myself!!!

Studio V said...

I like this. It seems that I do the same thing... It took me a year to get my nieces quilt finished for her birthday!