Monday, July 30, 2012

Autumn wall-hanging

This month, I used a panel I pieced together in October 2009 as part of a challenge to make a skinny wall-hanging.

My starting point this month was this little panel where I had initially sewn the 4 blocks in 2 x 2 rows but I decided I had made enough cushions lately, so I unpicked the panel to sew the blocks in 1 row of 4.

I also used this long-forgotten panel to practise my free-motion quilting and browsed the very resourceful  Free Motion Quilting Project blog before setting on the Sharp Stippling stitch.

I finished sewing the binding last night.
One less UFO in my sewing room, yeah!
Celine

3 comments:

Susan said...

Love those dimensional star things - whatever they are called!! and a great stippling design. well done

Chris H said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous finish.

Michelle said...

I love the pinwheels. I have a couple quilts hanging on the walls in my office that have those 3D pinwheel blocks mixed in with other blocks. On mine though, I sewed down the long side to keep them from 'flopping'. Your wallhanging looks great!