Sunday, July 8, 2012

HOORAY!!

I finally finished my first UFO for the year!!  Of course I've been doing other sewing things but this is the first UFO completed.  And wouldn't you know it, the camera has died so I can't put up a pic just yet, but I had to share the good news!!

It is one of those quilts where you sew all the jelly roll strips end to end, then sew down the sides, cut at the end, then keep sewing down the long sides (if that makes sense!)  The fabric I used is the sock monkey one, so it's turned out quite cute!

6 comments:

LisaT said...

Congrats and yes, I do know what you mean! I participated in a jelly roll race and I think that is the fastest quilt I ever made. I forgot which Bali Pops I used but you can see it here: http://ilovescruffydog.blogspot.com/p/page-2.html It was a lot of fun.

Wendyb said...

cant wait till your camera regains consciousness Doris......I'd love to see your sock monkey quilt.....such cute fabric!....and well done girl for your first for the year....well really, it's only just begun hasn't it....beginning of the financial year and all??!!!!! LOL
Sew many hugs
Wendy :O) xox

Maria said...

Looking forward to seeing your finished Jelly Roll Race Quilt....

Susan said...

Sounds great - lets hope we see it soon.

Sandy Panagos said...

That is so great. Better late than never! Can't wait to see it.

Chris H said...

So... have you posted the photo yet???? lol