Saturday, December 29, 2012

Last 2012 Project


In my main patchwork group (LT for short) each year we either give some fabric or make a block for everyone's birthday.  In 2010 we each made "happy blocks" and I chose blue & silver Christmas themes.  I was able to make them into this:  (with a couple of additional blocks). 

At the same time I collected some extra strips and squares to make into coasters.  Finally, I have finished a set to match.


That's my last SIF project for 2012.

I have found it wonderfully encouraging that Dawn & Wendy give us a little "surprise" if we get a project done and I really hope they can continue on with a similar theme.  It really made me push myself to do one a month - though I have to admit that if I had somehow managed two in a month I would have kept one up my sleeve - in case.

So, a big thanks to Dawn & Wendy

and a Happy New Year to all SIF bloggers!
May it be happy & healthy and full of Finishes!!!

Susan

7 comments:

Studio V said...

Very nice!

Needled Mom said...

It looks wonderful and I like the little coasters too.

Fiona said...

awesome finish... and I agree the motivation from dawn and wendy is great... they have to keep going as they have given us a UFO that needs finishing!!
Hugz

Susan said...

Thanks ladies!
I forgot the comment and the follow up tick - again...grrr

Cath said...

Nice job Susan...and yes Wendy and Dawn are the bees knees in my book.

Wendyb said...

aaw thanks guys....I love the finish, Susan....and the little 'hint' didn't go astray!!!! hee hee....doesn't matter if you keep them over for another month....as long as they get done!!! Look out for new stuff coming up in 2013!!! *wink*
hugs
Wendy :O) xox

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Wonderful finish! I love ice blues for Winter quilts.