Saturday, January 12, 2013

A good start


Here is No 2 UFO for the year - the Market Day Wallet.  I started this one after I bought it at Mad Quilters Gathering last May.  I didnt get far then, so for Friday Night with Friends sewing I prepared the applique and sorted out fabrics for the parts I still needed.

                                    

I have been making it through the week, and while the tennis final was on this afternoon I sat and did the hand stitching.

Most of it went together very well, though I found the directions for putting in the zip and doing the binding could have been better explained and additional pictures or diagrams would have helped.  I have been thinking about it while stitching and think I may have worked out a better way.  Now I will have to make another to test it out.  My zip must be wrong at one end as it doesnt open as well as the pic on the pattern.  Still, I am happy with it overall.
 Aahhh.  The zip was a bit caught up in the binding, so it opens a bit better now.

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

...

Fiona said...

way to go... 2 down.... ??? to go...... I love the front applique and your colours... pity about the zip issue but at least it is still usable...
lovely finish...
Hugz

Susan said...

Marilyn - like Fiona - I just love the front design. Darn zips - never did like them much!!

Maria said...

Love your applique. I always have trouble with zips...

Noela said...

I agree with the previous comments. Not too keen on zips either. Looks lovely finished. Hugs....

Chris H said...

That is really cute, I love the colours you have used.

Anthea said...

Hi Marilyn, great finish there, love the fabrics. I might come find you for advice, when i get around to starting mine... currently it holds what Wendy would call KART status... Well Done!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Very nice. I tend to change the way I make things compared to the pattern directions.