Saturday, January 26, 2013

Big job done....


An uncontrollable urge to have this old couch covered up spurred me on to finish this next UFO


this is what I finished off last evening

 very happy with my couch's new look


did you notice what is in the corner?


haha... gotta have a spider in the corner for a spiderweb quilt???

53" x 93"


I didn't add wadding.. with the scraps it is quite heavy and I wanted it more of a throw for this purpose....

I did stitch in the ditch to hold it together


if it's not a quilt I wonder if it is called quilting
maybe I just 'throwed' it together

Righto, Gotto Go... Happy Australia Day - long weekend to enjoy .....

 

7 comments:

Wendyb said...

Happy Australia Day Fiona and what a way to celebrate....with a redback on the...well...couch??? What a fab job you've done....love it! Looks so much better than the former!!!! A great big finish...woohoo!!! well done!
xox sew many hugs

Wendy :O)

Marilyn said...

Great finish, Fiona. Got to love that spider.

Marilyn said...

Great finish, Fiona. Got to love that spider.

Susan said...

Excellent finish - love your spider touch.

Unknown said...

I agree, the spider add that special something to the quilt (throw) a great finish.

miss~nance said...

Great quilt, not so sure about the spider - they freak me out bigtime......Gail

Maria said...

Love it Fiona and the spider is a nice touch....