Monday, April 8, 2013

A couple more done.....


In 2011 I made my youngest daughter her quilt in chocolate colours...


It was made with quite big Disappearing 9 patch blocks......

As there were a couple of blocks extra I used these to practice how I wanted to do the quilting and these quilted blocks have been languishing in the back of my cupboard since then....


this pictures shows the back of the quilted panels  


I still had a nice piece of the backing of the quilt... a charcoal tone on tone in flannel so I used that to make up some pillow slip style backs for the blocks.... 


Now youngest daughter has a couple of matching cushion covers for her quilt....


A couple more UFO finishes for me.... yippee... the number is going down!!

Righto, Gotto Go... these colours have got me thinking about chocolate..... hmmmmm
 

8 comments:

Fiona said...

...

miss~nance said...

Look great. well done on another finish......

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I love, love, love the colors. What a beautiful (and yummy looking) quilt. Great use for the extra blocks. I've never thought of using the extra blocks to decide on how to quilt the actual quilt. I like the feather quilting. Plus, you have used up the extra fabric and now have something for yourself or something to add to the gift box. Great job!

Marilyn said...

Those cushion covers are beautiful. Great use of the blocks and more space in your UFO cupboard.

Unknown said...

I love the rich chocolates Fiona, and gorgeous quilting too. xx

Susan said...

Still loving the choco;ate idea...

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful quilt and cushions...I love your quilting, great finishes!

Chris H said...

What gorgeous colours. Browns and creams... it's got me mind ticking over!
I cannot quilt like that at all, you are very clever.