Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My first April finish

I have been a bit naughty with finishing this one, as the lovely Dawn who co hosts Sew its finished quilted it for me and gave it back to me way back at the beginning of March but I was so slow in getting the binding done. 
IMG_0094

All of the little sailboats that make up the quilt were received in the 6 inch block exchange, and I found the cute sail boat fabric to alternate with them.  One lady could not paper piece, so she made me the pretty nautical stars that look almost like a compass and fit in quite well.

IMG_0095

The quilting that Dawn did for me is ocean waves, if you look closely you can see them.

IMG_0096
I think the anchor binding finishes it off well.  I started this quilt in May 2011 so it certainly counts as a completed UFO.

 I will be giving this to my 3rd eldest grand son Jack as his Big boy bed quilt.  
It will fit nicely onto a single bed.
IMG_0098

7 comments:

Maria said...

Gret finish. the Sailboats are sew cute.

Maureen Clare said...

Love the sail boat fabric, very unusual and red white and blue is so nautical.

Susan said...

So good for a boy and I love the star block!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Fun quilt for a big boy bed!

Fiona said...

lovely finish.. thats a great quilt..
Hugz

miss~nance said...

Wonderful quilt for a boy.....

Chris H said...

Awww I love the boats! Well done on your finish, and well done to Dawn.