Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sewing for swaps

I have spent my time this week sewing my swap obligations, for my table runner swap.  As the organiser  of this swap I had a odd number so was paired with Jan and Maria so they get one each .
The pattern that I used was by Dawn, and was in our gift bags at the lets get stitched Adelaide quilting retreat that I attended last month.  The pattern allows you to make two runners from one charm pack, I changed the second one slightly adding a boxed border on each end ( right side)
.

IMG_0123 
The charm pack is in lovely rich autumn tones of greens, oranges and browns with some lovely teal as well.  I think its a nice colour scheme as we are in autumn now.  I also received this charm pack at the Lets get stitched retreat.

Here is a couple of individual photos of each runner.

 
IMG_0120
IMG_0119

5 comments:

Susan said...

What lovely swap presents!

Anonymous said...

You've done a great job on the runners~ ♥♥♥

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Love the runners. I like projects that use charm squares especially if I can get two out of one charm pack. I really like the first one where you added the square boxes to the ends. Great job!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Lovely runners

Chris H said...

They are both lovely, well done on your finishes.