Wednesday, May 1, 2013

6th & 7th Finish

I managed to finish two more UFO's in April and made a good dent in another. This was mainly due to the starting of a weekly Friday night sewing group.  I had these finished last week but have not had time to post this b4 now.....
 

 These handtowels are the last that had been cut out and wanting to be finished since last October.  two of these are heading to my forum friend Shirley.  She made me a few dish towels and i was making her handtowels in return.
 
I have had this Authentic charm pack for many years and last year finally planned to make it into this tablerunner, using half triangle squares and sashing.  When I started to sew the 1/2 triangle squares into rows I realised I had enough to make two tablerunners.  The other tablerunner will be made in the near future as a gift or maybe even a swap.
 
 
And finally a sneak preview of a UFO that has been 7 years in the making, a Row X Row wall hanging.  I finally quilted it and am on the tail end of hand stitching the binding down.  I should have it finished in the next few days so stand by for the finished wall hanging........

7 comments:

Susan said...

Great achievement!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Nance, I have always liked towel holders like that! Good job! The little quilt is really cute..and like the colors~ ♥♥♥

Maria said...

Lots of great UFO finishes this month Nance..

Fiona said...

great to get the towels done at last... the table runner is so effective...
Hugz

Maureen Clare said...

Wow I love what you have made, especially the little black,lime runner. Umm, mystery looks like binding and that usually means "nearly finished".

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Love the kitchen towels. We had that style growing up. I've thought about making some for our house but I have to admit that we are just too lazy to unbutton and rebutton it whenever we want to use it. lol Our towel just hangs over the oven door and I pick it up when it falls on the floor.

Love the table runner! I'm a big fan of black and I like it with the lime green.

Chris H said...

I love the hand towels and your runner. Lovely finishes.