Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I love this finish

Another of my "older" UFOs came to a finish this week.

I started this either late 1996 or early 1997.  I can remember doing the heart embroideries when I was caring for my Dad.  When he was admitted to hospital in his last weeks, I was taking them with me to stitch while spending a lot of time sitting with him.  I had it assembled, and just needed to add the border pieces to it but once he passed away I had a lot of catching up of life that had been put on hold, to do.  These are the projects that seem to end up at the bottom of the pile and forgotten about until it gets uncovered during clean ups.

 It is 14 inches by 11 inches, so a lovely little wall hanging, in such delicate colouring..
 I cant believe I did all those grub roses and silk ribbon roses so well.  Unfortunately I dont manage to get them so fine and neat these days.  Maybe I need to practice more.

6 comments:

Liz said...

This is amazing work. Your stitching is lovely. Well done for finishing

Fiona said...

so pretty Marilyn... so glad it is finished and although it was a tough time I'm sure you have some special memories to go with it...

Hugz

Unknown said...

Thanks for the impressive article you published. It is so very informative information. You should congrats your self for having able to write down some really wonderful tips and hints.

how to get fans on facebook
buy facebook post likes

Susan said...

More finishes Marilyn!!! - what a trouper - I love that little wall hanging...I think I am the same - I have a baltimore that might get finished one day - but I know I can't applique as well as I did 20+ years ago.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

It's gorgeous, beautiful details!

Chris H said...

I am lost for words... that wee wall hanging is just... STUNNING.

I hope you have happy memories when you look at it.