Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Rainbow strings

I am so pleased to get this finish of my list.  I first started the journey of this quilt in May 2011 and tonight the last stitch was stitched on the binding.  Other than the backing and batting, the quilt is made entirely from scraps, you can read more about its journey on my blog HERE


 if you click on the top photo you can make out the quilting pattern which is circles, or actually spirals that start where four different coloured blocks meet going round and round until I reached the edges of the quilt.

I still have so many strip scraps left that version two may be out in a couple of years time. Lets see shall we,
Quilted hugs, Sue

6 comments:

Maria said...

A very pretty finish...

Fiona said...

such a pretty strippy scrappy quilt...
Hugz

Susan said...

Lovely - a great way to maka a small dent in the ever growing stash!

Unknown said...

I made the same kind of quilt from my scraps - yours looks lovely!

miss~nance said...

This is gorgeous - I always have string blocks on the go with scrap fabrics but have never thought of making each block with the same colour.....Gail

Wendyb said...

I absolutely love this Sue!!! A great finish!