Sunday, March 30, 2014

Back on the Wagon

Wow it is the end of March???
Seriously  how did that get here???

I have finally finished some things & I have stopped long enough to blog them.
 
First up, my patchwork group are holding our quilt show over the Easter weekend and as one of the 2 Quilt Show Co-coordinators I thought I should really get my act together & get some quilts in.


This 1st finish is a collaborative effort for our Club.  It is a care quilt, the top was pieced by another member from great kid fabrics & I just had to quilt & bind.  Well, it has been in my house for almost 12 months & was lost in a box when we moved house.  When I unearthed it, it was the first to get into the FINISHED pile.
 "The Toy Box"


 Number 2 is a favourite of mine. 
"Send in the Clowns" has also been made as a Care Quilt for our club to give away but I made it myself & I have fallen in love with it.
I hope it makes some child happy.

"Send In the Clowns"
 
 Here is a close up of the happy clown


 and the rainbow spotty border.  How could that not make you smile?

 
Number 3 is a quilt I quilted for a friend.  Same story as above, was buried when we moved house & needed to get finished.  Becc named this one Friendship Jelly as it was a work of friends. 
"Friendship Jelly"

 Number 4 -  "Little Boxes, Little Boxes" made from 2 x 1/2 Jelly Rolls of Bunny Hill by Moda. This quilt top was made as a 'demonstrator' for my market stall.  It has been a top for about 12 months & I finally managed to pull it out and quilt it.

"Little Boxes, Little Boxes"
Number 5 - unfortunately I can't show you the whole project as it is a Challenge for the Quilt Show & needs to remain a suprise, but it is finished (only 16 x 12 inches).

I am obviously a deadline girl.  5 finishes in 1 month.  2 more in the works.
I need a quilt show every 3 months to keep me on track I think.

Catch you again soon.
www.outbackcrafter.blogspot.com
 

5 comments:

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Thanks for stopping by ladies.

Marilyn said...

Lovely lot of finishes, Debra. It is amazing what we can do when there is a bit of a deadline, isnt it. Your happy clown is gorgeous.

Susan said...

Love all your finishes. It just feels great to get so much done.

Maria said...

well done Debra. 5 lovely finishes

Fiona said...

wow... it has been a real month of finishing for you.. fantastic quilts...
Hugz