Monday, February 29, 2016

#2 February finish

This Christmas Bag has remained unfinished for a few years now.  I had completed the stitchery and even put the front together so there wasn't a huge lot left to do.

This is one of Michelle Ridgway's tote bag designs called "Amongst the Holly"


.. there is a sweet Robin and holly detail on the ric-rac.


... I quilted the back in a wiggly cross hatch... not too noticeable but it will hold it together.  The pattern called for iron on wadding which I didn't have so I sewed it on!


Righto, Gotto Go... I'm working on another UFO today!!


4 comments:

Fiona said...

..

Susan said...

Lovely - and clever "make do" when neeeded.

Maria said...

Sweet finish to pop in the gift box Fiona..

Sheryl said...

A lovely bag, what pretty colours you have chosen.